Vimeo is in search of an SEO Manager to improve organic discovery of Vimeo as the ultimate video experience platform. The SEO Manager is responsible for collaboratively, implementing, and managing a top level SEO and content program. We are looking for an analytical and perceptive professional who is a skilled communicator and able to collaborate with various teams. Current knowledge of SEO practices and techniques is essential to this role. Your goal will be to ensure that content is search-engine friendly and optimized. You’ll work with technical SEO specialists, developers, and product marketing to boost search rankings, provide a better user experience for Vimeo’s audiences, and increase organic traffic for target topics and keywords.
What you’ll do:
- Work with offsite agencies and in-house stakeholders to identify the right keywords and develop and implement a content strategy to capture them.
- Track competitive landscape and conduct content audits to identify search trends and opportunities, with the help and guidance of our SEO experts.
- Work with Vimeo subject matter experts to bring new and original information and perspectives that help audiences be more successful and effective with video.
- Help make content successful by working with other teams to promote content, optimize conversion paths, and build links.
- Coordinate with offsite freelance writers to implement content plans, delivering detailed briefs, copy-editing drafts, and providing feedback in a timely manner.
- Manage SEO content projects effectively and accurately, working with writers, designers, developers, and other stakeholders, both in-house and offsite.
- Support special projects from an SEO perspective, including product releases and demand gen campaigns as needed.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- You have a solid understanding of SEO strategy and Google ranking factors.
- You’re results-driven and prioritize impact over perfection.
- You’re familiar with buyer personas and funnel stages, and you understand the role that content and SEO plays within a larger marketing strategy
- You have a strong eye for detail and an analytical mind
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Ahrefs, SEMRush and other SEO tools
- Solid understanding and work experience in content marketing, and SEO keyword research
- Proven experience with editorial SEO and creating content that ranks and converts, both written and video
- Experience guiding and editing freelance writers and writing thorough content briefs
- 3-5 years of SEO experience
Targeted Base Salary Range: $83000.00 to $132,500.00. The base salary range listed above is for candidates located in the U.S., including the New York City metro area.
At Vimeo, we strive to hire and nurture amazing talent across the globe. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience, specialized skills, internal alignment and a candidate’s home base. Base salary is just one component of Vimeo’s total rewards philosophy. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that appeal to the variety of needs across our diverse employee base! Other rewards may include bonus or commission, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), paid time off, generous 401k match, tuition reimbursement, wellbeing resources, and more.
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 260 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.