About the role
The Senior Marketing Manager / Head of SEO is a role at the converging point of two crafts (product and marketing) This role is responsible for the growth of SEO as a channel globally for booking.com, and is responsible for defining track level strategy. That strategy needs to include full ownership of product & marketing elements in order to competitively grow our SEO business. This role combines elements of senior marketing expertise, with scaled product & project management experience.
A Senior Marketing Manager / Head of SEO is expected to be an expert at their craft, they have a deep knowledge of their focus areas, can autonomously lead their team(s) and actively work to contribute beyond their core scope both in terms of strategy as well as craft. This role represents the most senior SEO representative in the company. Primarily this role is in the craft of SEO & marketing, as such is expected to lead our direction for SEO and support on other marketing channels where needed. This role owns SEO best practice, and ensures our web profiles are listed efficiently and optimised towards business goals.
This role will lead a team of product managers and Marketeers across multiple closely coupled initiatives and individually contribute to support the execution of key projects. They translate business needs into product roadmaps that incorporate appropriate qualitative and quantitative research and stakeholder input. This is a managerial role supported by a Director of Marketing / Product / Business Unit Leader. Managing a track of multidisciplinary teams. As a specialist leader, it is also expected that the specialism be dispensed for the benefit of the track and other teams in the company that may also find it useful.
- SEO expert & leader, ability to independently define and action strategy for the entire track;
- Manages multiple teams of specialists, analysts and marketing teams in order to drive organic SEO traffic to booking.com's web and app platforms;
- Owns global approach to Core SEO platform, in addition to other satellite SEO systems, fully owning the entire domain space for Booking.com;
- Supports sister brands in SEO best practices, working collaboratively on cross company initiatives. Looks for opportunities beyond the core role;
- Act as an expert in craft and responsible for growth and performance management of direct reports (graduate/JPM/PM/SPM/SEO roles);
- Contributing and leading the craft community for marketing and company wide efforts where needed (e.g. recruitment activity generating leads, doing phone interviews);
- Create product vision, strategy, and road-maps that identify areas where improvement is needed; and capitalize on unmet opportunities, via actionable product initiatives;
- Be deeply committed to solving customer pain points and identifying opportunities to better our experience. Collecting data as necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intelligence, or other business metrics. Solicit and embrace critical feedback;
- Build road-maps, define success metrics for new and existing initiatives, and track them on a regular basis to ensure that all projects and existing functionality are moving towards our defined goals;
- Responsible for maintaining a prioritization framework that facilitates transparent and simple decision-making on priorities and sequencing to maximize impact on customer needs, product quality, business value while balancing technical feasibility;
- Support and justify the chosen technical solutions and build a bridge between technical and non-technical stakeholders by ensuring the technical feature development and strategy are scoped to satisfy the short and long term needs of the business;
- Manage a team of Product Managers & marketeers to develop requirements, specifications, and work with engineering to deliver enhancements to our consumer experience Marketing performance;
- Responsible for cross track collaboration and strategic track support of strategic initiatives;
- Responsible for company wide communication of track goals, learnings, and aspirations;
- Inspire and drive a cross-functional team to SMART qualitative objectives and quantitative goals;
- Formulating business strategy and actionable insights based on independent research and analysis of available data;
- Ownership of track budget, creation of a detailed spend plan for the current financial year, responsible for financial performance reporting;
- Strong organizational and project management skills - Someone with responsibility to ensure multiple projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner. Experience with agile methodologies is highly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in SEO;
- Exemplary, demonstrable SEO skills and proven track record of strategic SEO methods and ideas;
- Stakeholder and project management skills;
- Data driven with high commercial awareness and ability to interpret complex data;
- The ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders;
- Capable of suggesting scaled SEO solutions on a large e-commerce platform;
- Experience with international Search engines (Yandex, Baidu, Daum, Naver, Yahoo Japan) is an advantage;
- Knowledge of Hadoop / MySql is an advantage;
- Delivering actionable insights into the product teams, data analysis reports, strategy suggestions into external teams and performance reports. Strong analytical capabilities;
- Experience on websites generating over 300k natural search visits daily;
- Working knowledge in data visualisation (Excel, Tableau, data studio);
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and analytical reasoning;
- Work with content, design and development teams to implement recommendations;
- Monitor and react to any changes that may be detrimental to SEO.
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative solutions
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Pre- Employment Screening:
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.