Find your magic with us
Connecting people to their family stories is special. We're proud to deliver these magic moments. Through technology, data and insights, we bring people closer to their past, to benefit their future.
We’re a fast-growing team of smart people, on a mission to help millions. Solve meaningful, complex problems and be a part of something magical. Enjoy the agility of a scale-up with the security of real financial backing, in a place where every story matters.
Why join our SEO team?
- We take SEO seriously - We have a dedicated SEO Engineering team to implement our roadmap, and a senior leadership team who are excited about SEO and understand the long-term investment.
- We collaborate across teams - For SEO working with colleagues from across the business is vital. Our cross-functional approach means we speak directly to the right people to get things done.
- We share our success - Our culture of demo meetings present frequent opportunities to share your work with an attentive audience and bring SEO into the limelight.
- We develop our people - Tailor your own development and make use of training/conference budget to suit your career ambitions, and help drive your personal growth.
- We are remote first - Enjoy the best of both worlds with your own balance of remote homeworking and optional office hubs in London and Dundee to get to know colleagues over lunch or drinks.
You won’t find any bureaucracy here, but you will find:
- Generous holiday allowance with the chance to buy more
- A pension contribution that stands out in the market (9.5% matched company contribution with a 6% contribution from the employee's side)
- All the health and wellbeing benefits you’d expect and some you wouldn’t (Careers Page)
- The chance to work with smart and fun people on products that will bring joy to millions
As a remote-first organisation, Findmypast employees choose how and where in the UK they work best, whether that's from home or at one of our offices. Yet, we recognise the value in seeing each other in person from time to time. Our quarterly team meet-ups, social gatherings and biannual company offsite events offer the perfect opportunities for collaborative work.
We are looking for an SEO Manager to work hands on with our SEO Lead and SEO Engineering team. You will be responsible for identifying SEO opportunities and converting these into requirements. You will advise others from inception to implementation and collaboratively identify growth opportunities.
As one of the go-to people for SEO knowledge, you will be working closely with content, marketing, product managers, engineers, UX/design teams and our family history experts to capitalise on opportunities to grow organic search traffic.
Reporting into the SEO Lead, together you will devise the strategy and roadmap to drive organic growth for Findmypast and educate the business in SEO best practices. This is a new role, in a growing team, presenting the opportunity to make this your own.
Here’s what the role involves:
- Develop and execute the SEO strategy, working closely with content, PR and engineering
- Manage the end-to-end work streams from audit, opportunity sizing, and prioritisation through to content creation, implementation and review
- Perform SEO audits of the website to identify issues, implement and validate fixes
- Set up and manage SEO KPI reporting dashboards and use these to monitor performance
- Input to the crawlability and indexation strategy utilising the relationship with SEO cloud crawling supplier (Botify / DeepCrawl or similar)
- Be an SEO champion ensuring stakeholders understand how their activity can influence SEO and continually educate on SEO best practices
- Own SEO training process for relevant team members such as copywriters and PR agency
- Stay up to date with SEO industry updates, guidelines and technologies to maintain best practices across all activities
- Review websites to identify issues and opportunities to improve organic search performance
- Translate SEO best practices into actionable tasks for other teams to implement
- Work with SEO and project management tools: Botify, Screaming Frog, Jira, Search Console, Google Analytics, SEMrush.
- Confidently manipulate data in Excel to identify opportunities for improvement
- Bring strong communication skills and explain complex SEO concepts in simple terms
- Be organised and manage your time across various projects and deadlines
- Work with teams of varying skill sets and experience levels to achieve common goals
If you said yes to these, and this all sounds appealing, then get in touch. This could be the start of something special.
What to expect next:
Our interview process is fast and goes like this:
- An initial call with a member of our People Team (30 mins)
- Talk through your experience and find out more about this role with the SEO Lead (30 mins)
- Present an SEO task to show off your skills to the SEO Lead and Performance Lead (1 hour)
We don’t want our approach to hold anyone back, so if we need to tweak this for you, please just ask. Plus, we’d love to know your pronouns so please let us know when you apply.
We want Findmypast to be the best company for all our diverse employees and customers. If you’d like a deeper understanding of our commitment to diversity, check out our careers page to hear from our CEO, Tamsin.
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays + UK bank holidays. We also offer the option to purchase up to 4 additional days.
- Excellent pension contribution from day one of up to 15.5% of your basic salary (9.5% matched company contribution with a 6% contribution from the employee's side).
- Flexible working, as we want all our employees to have a brilliant work-life balance.
- Enhanced and shared maternity/paternity/adoption leave.
- Learning & Development budget, access to LinkedIn Learning and training opportunities.
- Various social remote activities to keep connected as a company.
- Employee Assistance Programme, wellbeing app access and Mental Health First Aiders.
- Life assurance.
- Private medical insurance, health and dental cash plan options.
- Gym membership and staff discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season travel tickets.
- BorrowMyDoggy subscription
- Subscriptions to Findmypast and British Newspaper Archive.
If you are a recruitment agency, please be aware that we're not looking for additional assistance with recruitment. Please do not send us CVs. We will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited CVs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.