Senior SEO Strategy Lead
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Growth Marketing team at Airbnb is at the intersection of marketing, engineering, and data science. Our work is imperative to driving the top line of the entire company. As the Senior SEO Strategy Lead, you will play a critical role in managing Airbnb’s relationship with our Guests and Hosts.
We are looking for an experienced SEO leader who has deep expertise in managing global SEO programs and delivering scalable content and technical solutions. Your core responsibility will be developing the content strategy for SEO across all aspects of our business. You will work with the broader Marketing team to ‘connect the dots’ between the company strategy and SEO implementations and ensure alignment of the strategic vision across channels. You will build action plans by country, connecting global and local teams on shared SEO objectives. You will partner closely with the Product team to build the SEO development roadmap and deliver on scalable automations. You will lead with data, designing and building A/B tests within our experimentation framework. You will own reporting and analysis of performance metrics and develop business cases and forecast assessments as needed. Ultimately, you will be responsible for driving the vision and strategy for our global SEO efforts, delivering on ambitious growth targets in close partnership with our product team.
The Senior SEO Strategy Lead will report to the Director of Growth Marketing. This is an incredible opportunity for a person who is passionate about leading business growth through organic channels. If you have the proven expertise and the drive to deliver world-class SEO executions with a team of like minded experts, you are ideal for this role. We truly believe we can change the world, if you too are a believer, come along for the ride!
- SEO Strategy: Align with SEO experts across the company to establish the short and long term strategy for the channel that aligns with the broader marketing vision
- Global Content development: Build the content strategy by country to drive SEO channel expansion in all key geos and languages. Partner with editorial teams to curate highly differentiated content and refresh this content on ongoing basis
- Performance monitoring: Be the go-to person for understanding and communicating global SEO performance to leadership in business reviews. Lead opportunity assessments and partner with stakeholders to evangelize growth opportunities.
- Operational management: Audit and analyze Airbnb.com's SEO performance, identifying issues, finding root-causes, and experimenting with ‘low hanging fruit’ solutions to improve performance at scale.
- Testing to Scale: Partner with SEO product and engineering leads to build a roadmap of experimental initiatives that can lead to scalable growth, and provide support for major events / initiatives
- System Architecture: Working closely with product, technology and DS teams to make sure the company's infrastructure, architecture, and site features support and enhance the effectiveness of our SEO.
- Contributing to company-wide knowledge sharing and engaging with stakeholders to determine optimal SEO improvements globally.
- BA/BS degree, 10+ years enterprise SEO experience
- Expertise in latest SEO algorithms, technologies, and implementations
- Proven record of increasing organic traffic through scalable, global solutions
- Experience in structuring and implementing initiatives at scale with product and engineering teams.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in performance measurement, business case development, and ROI assessments.
- Top notch communication skills: Ability to effectively engage with technical and business stakeholders at all levels
- Long-term strategic thinking balanced with near-term execution skills. Distinctive problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence business leaders.
- Demonstrated track record successfully managing ambitious and operationally complex projects with cross-functional teams.
- Background in establishing systems: experience developing processes where little exists, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about organizational excellence and attention to detail
- Thrives in ambiguity in a fast-paced, hyper-growth organization.
- Experience working directly with Production and Engineering teams to drive technical projects, with a solid understanding of information architecture
The starting base pay for this role is between $185,000 and $230,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Your application has been successfully submitted.