Digital PR Lead
About the role
We are looking for a Digital PR Lead to join our award-winning Content Marketing team at Hallam. This is an exciting time for Hallam and a brand new role for the team!
Our Digital PR Lead will be one of the most senior people in the team, and lead our biggest Digital PR accounts, developing short-term and long-term PR strategies, leading campaign creative sessions and effectively measuring results.
You will play a key role in developing our Digital PR offering and leading the delivery of PR products to help the agency grow and become best in class. You will proactively identify learning requirements for yourself and the wider team and provide effective coaching for other specialists looking to grow their expertise in this field.
If you’re interested in playing a fundamental role in our Digital PR innovation and doubling down on your specialism, then we want to hear from you.
We're committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment, and we highly encourage applicants from all ethnic backgrounds and LGBTQ+ communities. As long as you're qualified, you'll receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, gender, or disability.
Hallam is an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Nottingham but with a national team. We’ve been in business for over 20 years, making us older than a few of our employees!
We’re super proud to say we’ve recently been awarded Sunday Times top 100 places to work, an award we’ve worked incredibly hard to achieve.
Our commitment to making your working environment the most rewarding, progressive and fun as it can be is what drives this. We truly believe everyone should have the opportunity to be happy at work.
Work should exist to make home life better, not the other way round.
At Hallam, you’ll join a team of more than 50 talented digital geeks who love everything from board game nights to agency trips out to a post-work tipple(s).
- Originate Digital PR strategies from the ground-up and provide strategic guidance within Digital PR on our largest accounts
- Ensure the successful delivery of ongoing Digital PR campaigns across the agency and support less senior members of the team with direction and strategy
- Develop new tools, processes and / or products to increase company profitability and deliver best in class client results
- Lead Digital PR pitches to win new business and upsell to current clients
- Gain external recognition for Hallam through thought leadership through blogging, social media, public speaking and network collaboration
- Mentor / coach other members of the team looking to specialise in Digital PR as well as generalists who would like to upskill
- Research latest Digital PR trends and campaigns to be recognised as an expert both internally and by our clients
- Understand the wider social and environmental impacts of marketing, and hold conversations with clients about responsible and sustainable marketing practises
- Lead on & take ownership of successful Hallam Labs innovation projects & new product development in collaboration with relevant teams across the agency
- Have a deep specialism within Digital PR, with skills & knowledge that make them stand out in their field of expertise
- Work with other key delivery teams to ensure that client KPIs are met
- Work closely alongside all our wonderful teams at Hallam including:
- SEO team to develop and implement content and link building strategies
- Creative team to ensure additional assets are used to the clients best advantage
- Paid Media team to develop integrated Content Marketing strategies
- AMs / Sales to support with new business and upsell opportunities, including our largest client pitches
Do you fancy being a Hallamer?
Firstly, why wouldn’t you? We’ve got more on that later...
It is your experience, ideation skills, creative thinking and previous campaign examples that will get you this job! That said, we would also like to see you have:
- Proven Digital PR background, with a minimum of three years experience in a similar, agency-side role
- Experience in running data-led campaigns and demonstrating results
- Work in unity with others to meet client goals and retain client accounts
- Ability to thrive and enjoy a dynamic, high-paced environment while juggling multiple projects in parallel
- Take ownership in getting any issues resolved across all accounts
- Demonstrate radical candour - the ability to give effective constructive feedback to team members and other staff whenever required
- Regularly cascading experience and knowledge via formal / informal channels to the rest of the team
- Create an environment encouraging open communication, teamwork, trust and creative thinking
- Recognised as an expert both internally and externally
- Keeping up to date with PR industry trends and developments
- Experience using industry tools such as Buzzstream, Cision / Roxhill, Google Analytics and Ahrefs
- Ability to think critically and communicate effectively through written and verbal formats
- Empathy and the ability to put yourself in the customer's mindset and represent them to the agency and the client
- True team players who like to bring people together around a common goal or a problem to solve
- Grit and resilience – knowing how to fail and recover; demonstrating a 'we'll figure it out' mindset
- Curiosity and broad interests that continually bring fresh inputs into the way we work and the solutions we propose to clients
- Experience across both B2B and B2C brands as well as across multiple verticals desired as well as the ability to apply learnings from complementary markets
- A healthy balance of leadership skills, organisation, project and operations management know-how
- A specialism within your lead area, acting as an agency knowledge hub for those who wish to learn - but also to support wider Hallam growth opportunities
What is it like working at Hallam?
Whilst every agency under the sun seems to offer fruit at the office and office dogs these days (of which we do), we’re proud to offer plenty of other benefits:
- an unlimited remote work policy*
- a progressive agency that is driven by its people and values, not just profit
- eight weeks fully paid parental leave irrespective of gender
- a company bonus scheme
- quarterly retros where your voice is genuinely heard and changes are made - this is your opportunity to make a difference to your place of work
- the option to buy additional holiday (on top of your standard 25 days)
- your birthday off after two years’ and an extra day off after five years
- generous and continuous training and learning programmes, both individually agreed by your manager and company-wide programmes.
- wellbeing and mental health programmes, including counselling
- two days per month of ‘Thrive Time’ - this is your personal development time you can spend on anything you want. Do you want to focus on innovation? Volunteer for a charity? Enrol on a CIM or MBA? You’ll have the time to do this.
- volunteering scheme for local or national charities
- financial planning and help
- extended compassionate leave including a specific miscarriage policy
- regular team events and celebrations (probably best to give you the full details in your interview)
- Apple MacBook Pro equipment (or equivalent for you Microsoft heathens)
- sabbaticals after five years’ service
*Based on our 3 principles: Work from Anywhere, Freedom to Choose and Cultural Unity.
We believe everyone has the right to work from wherever they want. This choice will always lay with the employee and not the employer. We hire the best and trust you to manage and deliver your own work. Whether you are 100% remote, hybrid or come into our Nottingham office every day, every Hallamer is an equally important part of our culture. For more information visit The Future of Work at Hallam.
You’ve made it this far, so I guess you want to know the salary?
£35k - £45k (DOE) + Bonus
Your application has been successfully submitted.