Total remuneration package: £38,100 - £47,875 per annum, pro rata.**
We’re Torchbox, a progressive digital agency on a mission to help charities create transformative, high-quality digital products and services in low-risk, cost-effective ways. We’re proud to be the creators of Wagtail, one of the leading open source CMSs, now used by Google, NASA, the NHS and thousands of other organisations around the world.
This is a great time to join Torchbox. We’re proud to be an employee owned digital agency, business is booming in the UK and US, Wagtail is flying high and we’re doing great work with many, incredible, mission-driven organisations.
We are looking for a SEO Analyst to join our team!
Torchbox is looking for an SEO Analyst to join our Digital Marketing team. You’ll get the chance to design, develop and deliver SEO strategy for our clients in the non-profit, health, culture, and education sectors. Your work will span technical audits, content strategy, link building, keyword research and much, much more. Ultimately, you’ll take responsibility for helping our clients get found, and stay found—these currently include NHS.UK, Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity, Oxfam GB, the Royal Society, Girlguiding, Chatham House and many more.
Our SEO Analysts have the following skills:
- Know keyword strategy inside out. You’ll be comfortable carrying out keyword research, you’ll know how to track rankings over time and you’ll be able to identify and optimise the right content for those keywords.
- Be content-focused. How can our clients think outside the box with regard to content, to bring in new, engaged audiences? How can they make their existing content better for SEO?
- Have excellent, proven technical SEO skills. You’ll understand when to use a robots.txt file over a noindex directive, and you’ll know the value of a properly configured XML sitemap. You’ll have experience identifying issues with how Google crawls a site, and you’ll know how to fix problems when they arise. Google Search Console will never be far from your mind.
- Know how to identify organic opportunities. Knowledge graph results, featured snippets, structured data markup and image search will all be part of your workflow process.
- Understand the value of links. Whether you focus on going after broken links and unlinked mentions, or favour dedicated outreach campaigns, you’ll know how to grow the number of high quality incoming links that our clients receive
- Be familiar with a range of industry-standard SEO tools. We use a range of tools including Moz, Ahrefs and Screaming Frog, but you’ll no doubt have a favourite tool.
- Know your black hat SEO from your white hat SEO. We do digital for good at Torchbox, and that applies to our SEO work too.
- Ideally have a strong working knowledge of Google Analytics. Ranking #1 is great, but we care about what happens after the click.
Aside from the hard skills outlined above you’ll:
- Love learning and sharing. Our SEO team is built on continual knowledge sharing and skilling up, and the right person for this role will be driven by a desire to continue this tradition.
- Be confident presenting findings to clients, inputting to client pitches and explaining complex information in a simple way.
- Be self-motivated. You’ll have a lot of autonomy in your role, so you’ll need to be able to manage your own workload and get work done independently.
- Know exactly where to look, and who to follow, for the latest SEO trends, developments and best practices.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to be a co-owner of Torchbox, shaping and sharing in our success. Be a partner, not just an employee. Our Voice Groups provide the chance to share your vision within Torchbox.
- The chance to work with our brilliant clients, making the world a better place
- Competitive salary with annual review with annual employee owners and performance bonus
- Training and conference budget to accelerate your development.
- Flexible working hours; the option to work fully remotely, split your time between office and home, or choose to be in one of our offices fulltime, enabling you to work in a flexible way that best suits your needs.
- Free eye tests, flu jabs & shopping discounts
- Private health scheme and access to mental health support
- Ethical pension scheme, with a 5% contribution from Torchbox
- Wellness programme and cycle to work scheme, alongside other Torchbox offerings, good for both you and the environment.
- Regular virtual and in-person events, weekly veggie team lunch (when we’re in the office) & parties including our famous Torchfest
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays
**This is made up of a base salary £30,000 - £38,500 and a bonus of £8,100 - £9,375. The bonus comprises a (tax free!) £3.6k EOT bonus and a company performance bonus. The bonus is paid in two tranches. The company bonus can be higher or lower based on company performance.
If you need any help completing the application form then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would prefer to apply by phone then give us a call on +44 (0) 1608 811 870
Your application has been successfully submitted.