Digital News SEO Reporter (casual shifts)
Job Title: Digital News SEO Reporter (casual shifts)
Department: The Sun Online
Reports to: Executive Daily News Editor and Head of SEO
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family values.
Purpose of role:
To produce and edit outstanding stories for The Sun Online with a focus on news with SEO principles baked into every story we produce.
- Taking ownership of SEO-focused news stories and exploring all the angles to achieve maximum SEO benefit
- Keeping SEO at the heart of everything and obsessing about the numbers
- Recognising and acting upon any potential legal issues and acting in accordance with the PCC Code of Conduct
- Keen attention to detail and meticulous fact-checking
- Consulting with the Head of SEO and Executive Daily News Editor in order to resolve issues with stories and keeping line managers informed on changes that arise as stories develop
- Able to suggest new angles to news/features desks
- Must have and maintain a wide knowledge of news and current affairs and trends through reading various titles as well as utilising other media platforms on a daily basis
- Encourage collaboration and support others, actively engaging with people in other teams and departments
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
Key Skills and Experience:
- Must have great knowledge of news and current affairs.
- Good understanding and experience of adhering to SEO best practices
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Proactive and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand, both print and digital
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.