A better internet is possible, one that empowers people to choose how their personal information is used. This might seem daunting, or even impossible, but at Proton, building this better internet is what we do every day.
Proton was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). Our first product, Proton Mail, is now the world’s largest encrypted email service. Subsequent Proton products, such as Proton VPN, Proton Calendar, and Proton Drive, use end-to-end encryption that gives our users full control over how and with whom their data is shared.
Today, Proton is making privacy universally accessible to more than 50 million registered users, including journalists, some of the world’s largest organizations, and people in more than 180 countries. Our diverse and dynamic team is made up of more than 400 members representing over 30 different nationalities. While we are based in Geneva, Switzerland, we have offices in Zurich, Prague, London, Vilnius, Skopje, Taipei, and many more employees working remotely around the world.
New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens use our products so they can choose who, if anyone, sees their information. Join us at one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies to help us solve challenging problems and build new products that will reach hundreds of millions of people. We want to create more than just one of the world’s most impactful tech companies, we want to create a new internet that serves the interests of all people. We need you, your voice, your ideas, and your ambition to make it happen.
*Although preferred locations are listed above we will consider strong remote applications from other European countries*
Purpose of the role
As an experienced, well-rounded SEO Manager, you’ll own our SEO efforts and drive significant user and revenue growth from organic traffic sources. You'll work closely with the Content Team to build a content strategy that is SEO optimized, produce SEO ad-hoc content and optimize existing content pieces. As part of the Storefront team, you can count on a dedicated engineering team to help you implement your technical recommendations and continuously optimize the website for SEO.
You are a results-driven digital marketer who brings a wealth of knowledge and hands-on experience in SEO and Inbound Marketing to our organization. You have a track record of leading initiatives that resulted in explosive organic growth. You're a natural leader who can rally people behind your ideas and projects to see them executed.
If you have a data-driven mindset, feel comfortable taking initiative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, this is an opportunity to play a pivotal role in a fast-growing company and have a concrete impact on the future of the business as a whole.
Although preferred locations are listed above we will consider strong remote applications from other European countries
What you will do
- Own and execute our global, multi-product, multi-site SEO strategy
- Drive actionable insights from competitor, keyword, and data analysis
- Define and execute our SEO content marketing strategy
- Own and optimize our website architecture, navigation, and SEO technical requirements
- Monitor our properties for SEO issues and opportunities
- Continually evaluate and refine online SEO processes, metrics, and tools
- Create and present weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and analyses
- Keep abreast of the newest trends, innovations, and technologies in the online advertising industry
- 5+ years of hands-on experience and a proven track record of driving user and revenue growth from SEO and inbound marketing activities
- 5+ years of hands-on experience and a proven track record of executing technical SEO audits
- Experience with large, multi-product, multilingual websites
- Independent, self-motivated, and proactive
- Ability to work autonomously and have demonstrate attention to detail
- Flawless written and spoken English communication skills
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, always-on startup environments
- Able to influence people and execute projects
Why you should join Proton
- Be part of a movement - Proton is not just a product or service but a community-driven movement united by a shared vision of online freedom. Our services are open source, audited, and supported by community contributions. We give back to our community by maintaining core encryption libraries and by supporting other organizations furthering the same goals as us.
- Work with smart and dedicated people - Our team is diverse, collaborative, and tight-knit with people coming from all walks of life, including many of the world’s top academic institutions and organizations, such as MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, Cambridge, and ETH.
- Join a strong brand - Our encrypted email service - Proton Mail - has grown to be a staple of online security and privacy. Proton has been featured in multiple popular television and film productions, such as Mr. Robot, Knives Out, Sounds of Metal, and more.
- Grow with us - We’re one of Europe’s fastest-growing startups, doubling in size every year. Our growth gives you limitless career and educational opportunities as well as the opportunity to work side-by-side with many world-leading experts in their fields.
- Have your voice heard - We value your opinion and encourage you to speak up and share your ideas and thoughts. At Proton, no problem is someone else’s problem. We collectively strive to do the right thing and be the undisputed best in the world at everything we do.
Proton uses the Recruitee recruitment platform for a more effective hiring process and a better candidate experience. Your data will always be kept confidential and is not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain. Due to recent scams, please be careful with any suspicious emails pretending to be Proton team and forward them to email@example.com Proton will never ask for payments from candidates.
Proton does not accept unsolicited resumes from any sources other than directly from a candidate. Proton will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited offer, even in a situation when the relevant candidate is employed by Proton.
By applying to a role at Proton, you acknowledge that we will process and store your personal data for at least the duration of the hiring process and as necessary to enter a contractual relationship with you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.