Content Marketing Manager (CT-Remote - US)
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
We are seeking a highly-motivated self starter to join the KAYAK North America marketing team as our Content Marketing Manager. The role is a key contributor to KAYAK, driving our social and content strategy in partnership with the broader Brand and Communications teams. KAYAK strives to be the best content creator in travel, operating in the sweet spot between “brand” and “publisher”. We are keenly aware that there is no shortage of brands vying for the attention of consumers. It's our goal to be worthy of the time and attention we are asking from travelers by making them more knowledgeable, saving them money and, every now and again, getting them to laugh. Reporting to the Creative Director, the Content Marketing Manager will be tasked with driving outstanding content to engage travelers, with a key focus on building KAYAK’s approach to TikTok. The role is based in our Stamford, CT headquarters, but KAYAK’s “work from almost anywhere” policy enables this role to be fully remote across much of the country.
In this role, you will:
- Lead KAYAK content and social media strategy and corresponding distribution plans across channels, according to our market metrics and strategy
- Be able to use both our unique tone of voice as well as data to tell stories and earn engagement
- Drive reach, engagement and follower count
- Develop and own KAYAK’s TikTok strategy and approach
- Strong knowledge of the TikTok platform and an eagerness to test, learn and scale the platform
- Additional roles & responsibilities include:
- Oversight & development of content calendar for KAYAK blog, social media channels and other creative outputs, using KAYAK’s irreverent tone of voice as well as data to tell stories worthy of the traveler’s time & attention
- Active participant in crafting content for email, blog & paid
- Ensure quality & timely content, with a bias towards impact
- Active monitoring and internal business casing for adding additional channels to our organic content mix
- Work closely with media team to identify content/trends to be used through paid in addition to organic
- Responsible for ensuring all content across all channels has received the appropriate approvals before launching
- Willingness to manage day-to-day social media channels, as needed, including social listening and responding
- Think through optimizations of organic content and work with the media team to amplify impactful content.
- Support influencer and brand partnerships with creative ideas and content strategy
Please apply if:
- 6+ years of content marketing experience across brand or agency
- Proven ability to drive engagement on TikTok (professional or personal)
- Demonstrated ability to use humor as well as data to deliver compelling content
- Strategic and curious, with an appetite to test and learn while asking “what’s next?”
- Proven track records of guiding social media activities from strategy to execution
- Passion for storytelling through multiple media channels, and excellent writing skills with an eye for detail and a quick wit
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, organization and communication skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities and balance short-term needs with long-term business initiatives
- Natural collaboration and bridge-building skills; experience working with individuals in varying fields: creative, production, finance, legal etc.
- Ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels – a hands-on teammate
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Free massages from professional massage therapists
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
Note for Connecticut Residents: To receive estimated salary range information for this role pursuant to Connecticut's "An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position", email CTCareers@kayak.com. You must include the name of the position in your request.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.