This job is no longer accepting applications.
Denver, CO - We're seeking a savvy SEO Manager who's eager and able to grow organic performance in the competitive photo goods search landscape. The SEO Manager will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive SEO strategy for our domain, informed by a robust understanding of both technical and on-page best practices (oh, and a slightly eccentric flair for staying ahead of algorithm updates). This role will report directly to the Head of Content, working cross-functionally with teams such as Engineering, Product, Copy, and Site Merchandising to execute ambitious and data-informed optimizations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Readily offer strong, well-supported perspectives, balanced by willingness to engage in collaborative, solution-based dialogue.
- Prioritize sustainable, long-term organic growth over cheap hacks for the sake of quick traffic wins.
- Untangle SEO reporting to prove the value, necessity, and impact of proposed optimizations.
- Understand how brand and consumer insights provide a lens into user behavior and how that knowledge should inform a successful channel strategy.
- Be an all-around awesome human who treats those around them with respect, understanding, and kindness.
- Execute comprehensive audits across subdomains to spot keyword gaps, squash status code errors, crush canonicalization issues, optimize indexation, work metadata magic, and identify other areas of opportunity/improvement.
- Collaborate with agency and PR partners to craft an innovative, effective strategy for earning backlinks from high-DA websites, and support execution of the strategy where needed.
- Work closely with the Head of Content to identify keyword opportunities for new and relevant blog content.
- Collaborate with the Product Innovation and Site Merchandising teams to gauge search demand for potential products and optimize new product landing pages for organic visibility.
- Identify on-page opportunities to optimize product landing pages, promotional landing pages, and blog content for improved organic performance.
- Own organic traffic reporting, creating dashboards that help the org understand SEO performance and business impact — especially how non-brand traffic gains are translating into downstream revenue.
- Team up with Engineering and our agency support to optimize technical performance factors such as core web vitals, indexability, structured data implementation, rendering, and crawl-budget cannibalization.
- Keep tabs on algorithm updates, update our SEO strategy in accordance with the ever-changing search landscape, and keep the broader team informed about how these changes impact our business.
- Get down to business with our Growth team to create a synergistic harmony between our paid and organic efforts.
- Manage our existing SEO agency partnership by providing clear, effective direction and prioritization that maximizes the value of our engagement.
- 5+ years experience in SEO (ecommerce experience preferred)
- 3+ years experience owning your own channel — from resource management to reporting
- Mastery of Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, and/or similar industry applications
- High-level understanding of technical SEO inputs such as structured data, JS rendering, pagination, crawl-budget optimization, log file analysis, canonicalization, and core web vitals
- Comfortable analyzing data using tools such as Excel, Google Analytics, Data Studio, Looker, and Heap
- Experience seeking, vetting, and managing agency partners
- Ability to own initiatives end to end and lead a cross-functional team toward the desired outcome
Artifact Uprising® is a Colorado-based company that creates premium quality, customizable photo goods for your digital photos. Driven by the mission to empower people to tell their stories effortlessly, beautifully and often, the company is known for elevated design and thoughtfully sourced materials. Signature products include the Layflat Album touting ultra-thick pages and foil-stamped covers, textured matte Everyday Prints, and a line of customizable frames.
Artifact Uprising was recently named on the Built In Colorado’s 2022 Best Places to Work list. We are a tight-knit team who works with some of the latest technology to delight and inspire our customers.
Competitive health, vision and dental insurance for families (Plans cover 100% for employees and up to 95% for dependants), flexible vacation policy, headspace membership, 401(k) matching plan, Year-End Company Bonus Plan
Why Artifact Uprising?
Creative Freedom We value the creative process and look to our employees to speak into Artifact Uprising products, identity and approach – regardless of position or title. We look for driven people who demonstrate initiative to take the company to the next level.
The Working Life
We strive to create a workplace where everyone works hard but also has the flexibility and balance to enjoy life outside of the office.
It Won’t Be Boring
We are a small company with big ideas - and we recognize it will take every last one of us to reinvent the way brands approach business. We believe a good workplace empowers its team to rise to new challenges, expand their skill sets and think outside of the box. Through this, we foster a company culture that is always growing, always reaching, and always looking to see things differently.
Artifact Uprising is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We exist for joy.