This job is no longer accepting applications.
Paperless Post is looking for a highly strategic and growth-oriented Director of Search Engine Optimization to manage, own and execute all SEO and ASO efforts across our product which offers over 30,000 original invitation designs, reaches over 100 million users, and has over 50,000 crawlable pages. The ideal candidate is someone who is analytical, proactive and data-driven with experience in SEO for sites with over 100K URLs. The job will require combing all major areas of SEO (technical, content, links) into a coherent strategy to drive business growth. This person will be the internal SEO evangelist, collaborating across the organization with stakeholders (who are excited and ready to contribute) to ensure that SEO is operationalized across the whole business.
The role will report to the VP, Marketing.
What you’ll do here
- Responsible for developing and driving organic search strategies across multiple search engines (e.g. Google, Pinterest, etc), identifying both short-term and long-term traffic growth opportunities for both SEO and ASO.
- Manage the execution and prioritization of the SEO roadmap, including split testing, as well as implementation of a variety of organic search growth tactics.
- Collaborate with product/engineering and content design/merchandising teams to build SEO roadmap and implementation plans.
- Liaise closely with cross-functional partners on product, engineering, and content/merch, in order to ensure recommended tactics are implemented.
- Work closely with brand and creative teams in order to maximize the SEO impact of organic content we are creating across other channels (e.g. on-site, blog, Pinterest, etc)
- Manage current SEO agency relationship, as well as ongoing relationship with mobile app reps at Apple & Google.
- Be the internal SEO advocate and main source of knowledge/trends/competitive landscape in order to leverage new opportunities on the marketing, content/merch, and product/eng sides of the business.
- Own and optimize reporting on the impact of organic search channels.
- Actively interpret data into insights and translate company-wide goals into effective SEO strategies and processes.
- Develop and execute all ASO efforts in order to drive mobile growth across native apps
- Work closely with the Director of Growth Marketing to ensure that paid and organic search strategies are complementary to drive incremental growth.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience in organic search engine marketing, ideally in a business that operates across multiple categories (e.g. we sell online invitations for a variety of different events)
- 2+ years of experience with native apps and leading ASO efforts
- Has experience managing 100K+ URL sites with programmatically generated content
- Previous experience building and growing an SEO & ASO program for a large site
- Experience with pagination, log file analysis, scalable internal linking and other aspects of technical SEO enough to understand why they are valuable and include them in a strategy
- Experience combing all major areas of SEO (technical, content, links) into a coherent strategy intended to drive business objectives.
- Strong quantitative skills required to analyze and optimize performance
- A keen eye for detail and a strong desire to uphold high standards of excellence within a data driven team environment
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Ahrefs, and other SEO tools
- Expertise building and executing experimentation plans, including A/B and other testing methods.
- Knowledge of Python or other scripting language and SQL, a plus
- Energized by the ability to own and execute your channels with strong sense of accountability and focus on impact, while fostering collaboration across the org
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post helped over 100 million people connect in the real world since our inception. Our product is global, and we are committed to being a company where everyone belongs. We encourage people from all backgrounds, races, genders, and abilities to apply! Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer individuals, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.