Technical SEO Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We're looking for someone who dreams in JSON-LD format and can serve as the technically-minded anchor of our search engine optimization team.
Did you learn Python as a second language and yearn for a major in APIs? Do you love microdata and fantasize about schema? Then our Technical SEO Specialist might be the job for you.
We don't care about how many years of experience you have, just what you've done and what you're capable of doing. We also appreciate a good sense of humor.
Being a Technical SEO Specialist at Nebo
Nebo is a human-centered agency built on a culture of respect, professional growth and care for every employee. With numerous perks, including hybrid in-office/remote work or fully remote work options designed to fit your needs, unlimited PTO, and free attendance to local marketing events, join this fun-loving team that occasionally talks Slack Smack.
Technical SEO Specialist Position Requirements
- An in-depth understanding of search engine behavior: what content search engines crawl and read, what practices to avoid, and what on-page changes will have the most impact based on current algorithms
- Managing execution of SEO strategies, including keyword strategy implementation, technical recommendation implementation and executing tactical strategies based on competitive analysis
- Works side-by-side with our development team through the information architecture and wireframing process for web design clients who also need a SEO on-page foundation foundation
- Training other employees about Technical SEO best practices
- Creates highly refined keyword strategies that lay the foundation for the rest of a client's SEO project
- Undertakes meticulous research to understand the compatibility of brand and keyword strategy
- Performs thorough, detailed website analysis, identifying current problems and opportunities, with a focus on on crawlability, site architecture and site content
- Performs competitive research, identifying what the client's competitors are doing right, what they're doing wrong, and how these tactics influence the client
- Conducts research for off-page SEO campaigns that drive awareness and indicate relevance to the search engines
- Stays up to date on current industry practices, news, and algorithm updates
Things that will set you apart (aka Bonus Skills)
- The ability to write coherent, compelling copy that is not only keyword-rich but also user-friendly
- An understanding of social media and its role in SEO
- Experience with Google Analytics, a variety of content management systems, and industry-specific tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills as this is a client-facing role
This is a full-time position and compensation is dependent upon experience. We're currently working remotely due to COVID-19, and we’re in the process of developing a plan to return to the office safely. While it’s our preference to have folks in the office together in Atlanta (because we really do enjoy working together in the same space), this plan will include opportunities for hybrid in-office/remote work or fully remote work.
Nebo's Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As a human-centered agency, we believe in uplifting our community and advancing society through inclusive business practices. We're dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A Human-Centered Agency Built for the Digital Age