This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are seeking a proactive, ambitious and entrepreneurial individual to join our rapidly-growing digital marketing agency.
Salary: Up to £35,000 DOE
Semetrical are a highly successful full-service digital marketing agency, based in central London. We were named Best Small SEO Agency at the European Search Awards 2017 and at the UK Search Awards 2019, in addition to winning several other awards in 2019 and 2020, such as Best Integrated Campaign at the EU Content Awards.
We deliver unique and high-quality services to a range of very well-known clients. These include Yeo Valley, FDM Group, CRU Kafe, OnTheMarket, LexisNexis, Equinox Kombucha, Beano and The Independent.
Our offices are based in Central London at a WeWork in Monument. It’s a very vibrant working environment, with plenty of working space and an amazing rooftop overseeing London. At the moment, all staff members are working fully remotely due to Covid-19. We are a very agile and flexible agency, and will look to provide a fair balance between a remote and in-office working environment in the future.
We care about our staff and their wellbeing, especially during these tough times of working from home full time. To support certain challenges that people may face, we have introduced a comprehensive wellbeing programme across the agency and new initiatives to promote positive mental and physical health among our employees.
Semetrical’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re Semetrical, a diverse team of ambitious, talented and welcoming individuals. We value the varied experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. We care about all our employees being respected and celebrated so they can be more creative and successful. We are committed as an Equal Opportunity Employer and are happy to make any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process should you need it. Just let us know.
SEO Analyst Role Specification
We are seeking a proactive, ambitious, data driven and entrepreneurial individual to join our award winning SEO department at Semetrical.
The successful candidate will have 2+ years of experience working on highly successful SEO campaigns for clients across a wide range of industries with varying budgets. We are looking for proven problem solving and critical thinking skills.
As an SEO Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the SEO team especially Senior/SEO Managers on day to day tasks. This will include analysing ranking reports and digging into the details of the why, setting up dashboards in DataStudio to help report on SEO tests, analysing competitor activity and supporting on keyword research projects. You must be able to find logical conclusions from the data, and then provide clear and concise recommendations to multiple stakeholders
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to take their career to the next level in a fun, exciting and dynamic agency. You will be working very closely with experienced and talented colleagues at all times where they will help to develop you into an expert within the SEO field very quickly.
Once being in the role for 9-12 months there will be the opportunity to be promoted to an SEO Manager position.
You Should Apply If
- You can quickly look at third party tools and spot “quick win” SEO opportunities.
- You can identify the reasons for ranking shifts and relay this information back in a concise way.
- You are able to quickly look at a SERP and know if it is right for the client or not.
- You get excited when helping a client to maximise their performance after identifying opportunities from gap analysis.
- You enjoy digging into problems to try and find optimal solutions.
- You go further than just summarising top level technical recommendations.
- You have the ability to combine insights from different data sources, visualising your findings and communicating them effectively.
- You are a stickler for detail.
- You love SEO 🙂
Your Key Responsibilities
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced, agency environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Analysing organic traffic reports on a weekly basis in order to identify any fluctuations in website rankings.
- Analyze key performance metrics, and provide detailed/insightful report commentary such as what type of movements have occurred and why.
- Identifying content opportunities that can deliver Organic growth through the means of data driven keyword research.
- Researching competitor websites and identifying what works well for them as well as advising on new SEO opportunities.
- Auditing client websites and monitoring performance.
- Analysing client backlink profiles to prevent any negative impacts on client websites, whilst identifying link acquisition opportunities and strategies.
- Help develop traffic and revenue forecasts to support SEO projects.
- Optimising on page elements of a client’s website (e.g. Title tags, meta descriptions and introduction text).
- Putting together optimisation specifications for the Semetrical content team or clients in-house content teams.
- Keeping up with industry news and informing the team about any major events.
- Upon progressing in the role, the candidate will be able to contribute to the development of new in-house tools.
- Assisting in the preparation of pitches for new business.
Your Skills & Experience
- 2 years+ SEO experience.
- Strong analytical skills: the ability to make crucial decisions based on data.
- Experience in carrying out keyword research, optimizing pages and providing specific recommendations to grow organic visibility.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console & Data Studio.
- Experience with Keyword research tools such as Semrush, Moz, Hrefs.
- Strong technical background including knowledge of HTML, CSS, AMP and server responses.
- Highly enthusiastic about digital marketing.
- Strong organisation, project management, time-management and communication skills.
- Able to think independently and use self-initiative.
- Able to work effectively within a team.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills – being able to analyse large sets of data and provide logical solutions.
- Very good Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills (particularly Excel).
- Experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with website migrations.
- Worked on international websites.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Realising Digital Ambitions