Technical SEO Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Indie Campers is your go-to marketplace for road trips. Aggregating over 2.000 own vehicles plus the campervans, motorhomes and other recreational vehicles of countless individual and professional hosts, we operate across 14 European countries - Germany, France, UK, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Portugal, Croatia and Iceland - and are physically present in over 40 cities.
Founded in 2013 by 2 good friends, Indie Campers has set its mission on democratizing road trips by enhancing travel experiences and lowering prices for millions of travellers worldwide. We envision becoming the world's no. 1 road trip provider and are quickly expanding - vertically and geographically - to make it happen on a daily basis.With a deep technological focus and foundation, our challenges are both exciting and demanding, and require top talent and motivation to be successfully pursued. We are growing our team and looking for those interested in pursuing this dream with us and hopping on an ever-developing journey.
The Indie Campers Revenue team works across the user lifecycle to develop a compelling global marketplace and community around road trips. We employ data and insights to help us best acquire, engage, serve, monetise and retain travellers and hosts across all of our territories to ensure that our customers are able to go on amazing road trips around the world. The Revenue team consists of our Customer Excellence, Marketing, Supply, Revenue Management and Data teams, so the work you do will depend on your particular blend of skills but will always be customer-centric, data-driven and collaborative as we work on increasing customer choice, value and satisfaction. If you are someone who wants to be part of an exciting multi-cultural, high-growth business and is able to bring their drive and ownership to creating incredible experiences for our customers, we want to hear from you.
Our Lisbon office is located in the city center, known for its beautiful landscape, history and vibrant cultural scene. It is a place where our Product and Technology, Operations and Revenue teams meet informally, co-create together, have fun during lunch and enjoy our lovely barbecues at our terrace.
As Technical SEO Lead, you’ll be responsible for being the reference in SEO strategy and implementation, reporting directly to the Head of Organic Marketing and working alongside a team of talented specialists operating across Social Media, CRM, content and PR. You will own the analysis and generation of plans to ensure we are the most relevant player in terms of organic performance across every market in which we operate. You will perform regular technical audits across the different Indie Campers domains, generate creative ways of improving the technical foundation of the website that aim to improve organic performance, and coordinate with the Tech team to prioritise, deploy and validate the necessary developments. In many ways you will be a Product Manager spanning across the Marketing and Tech teams.
What you´ll do:
- Performing periodic technical audits on Indie Campers’ domains, making short and long term SEO strategy recommendations;
- Implement technical SEO optimizations, coordinating with our Tech team the required developments to ensure that the necessary technical architecture is in place;
- Perform keyword research and continually analyze results to optimize website content;
- Manage content and on-page optimization, assisting with the overall content strategy implementation and execution across multiple web domains and entities (website, blog, itineraries, POIs, experiences, accommodation, etc.);
- Operate a consistent link building strategy across the different markets;
- Analyze, review and scrape competitors’ SEO and overall marketing strategies and tactics in order to benchmark marketing activity on an ongoing basis;
- Formulate and manage the implementation of new strategies across new channels, search engines, social media platforms and tools to enhance the reach and scale of the company’s inbound marketing campaigns;
- Monitoring SEO trends, best practices and techniques to ensure cutting edge strategy, top website rankings and identification of new opportunities;
- Providing ongoing training to the Organic Marketing team members on best practices and content optimization, and assisting with their keyword research and reporting needs;
- Track and own the organic performance across the different Indie Campers’ domains, search engines and overall channels;
Who you are:
- Fluent in English (mandatory)
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the SEO industry (preferably with an in-house team), other digital marketing experience is a plus.
- Understanding of technical SEO (crawling, rendering and indexing, canonicalization, thin and duplicate content, structured data, hreflang, site architecture and navigation, etc.) and experience working with back-end SEO elements (such as robots.txt, metadata, etc.)
- Strong understanding of search patterns and how search engines work
- Strong analytical skills and can manage data easily and experience in quantifying marketing impact and SEO performance, with demonstrated ability to create reports;
- Experience and proficiency with Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of major SEO Analytics and Reporting Tools (such as Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, SEMRush, AccuRanker and/or similar ones) with demonstrated ability to learn similar software
- Advanced computer skills and proficient in Excel/Google Sheets, being able to develop and hand robust spreadsheet-based tools
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to dig extensively into metrics and analytics
- Permanent testing mindset with full attention to detail
- EU work permit
What we offer:
- A dynamic position in a young, fast-growing and innovative company
- Continuous training and coaching to develop your Digital Marketing skills
- Competitive package including private health insurance, Indie Benefits and book free roadtrips European-wide (subject to availability)
- International and informal work environment located in the heart of Lisbon.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Campervan and Motorhome hire for a Road Trip experience of a lifetime.