Sr SEO Manager (The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Wired)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Condé Nast is a global media company producing the highest quality content with a footprint of more than 1 billion consumers in 32 territories through print, digital, video and social platforms. The company’s portfolio includes many of the world’s most respected and influential media properties including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Self, GQ, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler/Traveller, Allure, AD, Bon Appétit and Wired, among others. Condé Nast Entertainment was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming.
Condé Nast is a global media company, home to iconic brands including Vogue, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Wired, GQ, Bon Appetit, and Architectural Digest, among many others. The company's award-winning content reaches 84 million consumers in print, 367 million in digital and 379 million across social platforms, and generates more than 1 billion video views each month.
The company is headquartered in New York and London, and operates in 32 markets worldwide, including China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico & Latin America, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, the U.K. and the U.S., with local license partners across the globe.
Our SEO Team works closely with our editorial, audience development, analytics, and product groups to figure out ways to acquire new users from Search and to ensure the highest level of discoverability for content across digital platforms. In this role, your work will make a huge impact on Condé Nast’s digital sites around the world.
We are looking for a data-driven, highly organized Senior SEO Manager (fully remote) with an editorial/news search engine optimization background to help The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, and Wired increase their organic search traffic through content recommendations, site improvements, and education around SEO. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of editorial SEO at a news site, publisher, agency, or similar. This is a full time position based in New York and reports to the SEO Director.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Lead and develop SEO initiatives for The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, and Wired across multiple global markets
- Day-to-day execution of organic search engine campaigns including news trends research, keyword research, researched content gap recommendations, strategic optimization of existing content, competitor analysis, site improvements, and ad hoc SEO support
- Apply top-to-bottom management of SEO campaigns including writing meta content, supervising SEO friendly page construction, creating target keyword lists, improving site URL structure, improving link architecture, etc.
- Work with cross-market editorial teams to create SEO content strategies for each of your brands and work on executing evergreen strategies for existing and new content
- Monitor trends and provide brands with SEO recommendations for major events, and support event and news strategy
- Document strategy for major events and tentpole topics and conduct post-analysis afterward
- Proactively anticipate brand’s needs and provide strong solutions before requested
- Collaborate with SEO Directors to define SEO strategy and build new SEO frameworks that can be replicated across the organization
- Educate stakeholders with regular editorial trainings, new best practice documentation, and wider team presentations
- Identify key stakeholders on brands to create change and mentor them in SEO
- Perform content audits and technical site audits
- Proactively identify technical SEO risks and opportunities (in addition to audits and BAU QA) and be responsible for documenting product requirements
- Work with technology and production teams to implement SEO plans
- Conduct and assist with industry case studies
- Create new documentation
- Support content migrations and post-migration analysis & recovery
- Lead ad hoc SEO projects to support your brands and the centralized SEO Team
- Pioneer and support streamlining efforts and automation improvements
- Find, try, and recommend new SEO tools
- Identify when reports and junior team members are struggling in their delivery of tasks and provide them with the support they require
- Keep abreast of the latest SEO developments and news, especially as it pertains to technical aspects of sites
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 7 years editorial (content) SEO experience, preferably for a major news publisher, media/publishing organization, or agency working on editorial content
- Experience with paywall websites
- People management experience
- Proven track record – Applicants must submit websites that demonstrate their SEO ability and be prepared to discuss
- Intrinsic understanding of SEO tactics, including on-page, technical, off-page, industry best practices, current industry trends, and black hat tactics to avoid
- Expert user of web analytics tools and concepts, particularly Google Analytics & Google Search Console
- Expert user of third-party enterprise SEO tools (e.g. SEMRush, Botify, Screaming Frog, etc)
- Expert SEO copywriting skills
- Expert-level HTML expertise related to SEO
- Ability to influence stakeholders and change behavior
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to multitask and deliver under tight deadlines
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below, and we will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status and other legally protected characteristics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Condé Nast is home to some of the world’s most iconic brands, including Vogue, The New Yorker, GQ, Vanity Fair, Wired, Architectural Digest (AD), Cond...