SEO Content Strategist, New Ventures
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who are we?
We are The Motley Fool, a purpose-driven financial services firm with nearly 30 years of expertise. Our goal is to make the world smarter, happier, and richer by providing outstanding business and investing advice, at scale. But what does that even mean?! It means we’re helping Fools (always with a capital “F”) demystify the world of finance, beat the stock market, and achieve personal wealth and happiness through our investing services, like Stock Advisor, and Motley Fool Wealth Management, our portfolio management service.
What does this team do?
Our New Ventures SEO Team enables us to share high-quality, engaging content with an ever-expanding portion of the world through search. We use an equal mix of data analysis, competitive analysis, strategy, collaboration, and execution to optimize our content and bring readers everywhere valuable financial information.
What would you do in this role?
In this role, you’ll be -- with the New Ventures SEO team -- managing the content creation process, while optimizing for organic search and on-site engagement. Not only will you be expected to learn which topics are most relevant for our target audience, but you will then use that knowledge to publish to the highest value opportunities for our business and constantly monitor performance to inform our overall strategy.
But what does this role actually do?
- Research and assign key content to our team of writers, optimizing for potential organic presence.
- Map out site architecture and content URLs for new and existing verticals to ensure optimal search visibility and user experience.
- Perform keyword research, grow our targeted keyword portfolio, plan new vertical content, and assign content to writers through editorial workflow.
- Conduct competitor analysis to identify gaps in our content coverage and areas of opportunity.
- Evaluate underperforming content and determine appropriate direction for the content (rewrite, redirect, remove.)
- Ensure that our content meets regulatory guidelines and keeps us compliant with our partners, regulators, and our internal legal and compliance teams.
- Collaborate with various disciplines (content, social media, tech, business intelligence, etc.) to implement SEO strategies.
- Monitor daily performance of site rankings with a focus on increasing and defending our rankings.
- Audit our internal linking on an ongoing basis to improve the search visibility for our highest value pages.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of SEO in line with industry trends, creatively keeping us a step ahead of our competitors.
What do you need to apply?
- 2+ years of experience in SEO (content marketing also a plus!)
- Passionate about SEO and proactive in staying up-to-date on all the latest trends and best practices.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Experience working with large brands driving outcomes for highly trafficked websites.
- A self-starter who learns quickly and is willing and eager to adapt as the business does.
- Relentless pursuit of self-improvement.
- Passionate about data-driven problem-solving..
- Candidate must “get” Foolishness, have a sense of humor, and work well in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with industry tools (We’re super users of Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, Moz, DeepCrawl, Ahrefs)
It’s even better if you have…
Previous experience with personal finance content is a huge plus
The Motley Fool is firmly committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a motley group of overachievers that have built a culture of trust founded on Foolishness, fun, and a commitment to making the world smarter, happier and richer. However you identify or whatever winding road has led you to us, please don't hesitate to apply if the description above leaves you thinking, "Hey! I could do that!"
The Motley Fool has been twice named Glassdoor’s #1 Best Small Business to work for in the U.S., named to Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2020, named one of BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work in Colorado, and we’re a perennial favorite on Washingtonian’s list of Best Places to Work year after year. Our targeted cash compensation for this role is between $70,000-80,000, which does not include any potential equity offerings. Below you’ll see a few of our perks, but check out this site for the complete list:
- No “vacation policy” (not to be confused with a “No vacation” policy)
- Paid maternity, paternity, and pet-ernity leave
- $1,000 to invest when you start
- Super low premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making the world smarter, happier and richer